Who we are
This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect from you when using this website and why, what we do with it and who we share it with.
What information is collected
- Information about your name, date of birth, address, gender, marital/family status and contact details (such as phone numbers and an email address).
- Your current and previous address details (for up to 3 years), plus employment and salary.
- The information you enter on this website will be saved as you input it in order to provide quick and accurate feedback. This mechanism ensures that the data we collect from you is of the highest quality, helping us provide you with the very best levels of service.
Why is this information required
- All information entered is securely provided to our garage to facilitate us in contacting you to discuss your purchase and finance. We may need to contact you for more information before your information can be passed on to a lender as part of a formal application.
- The information you provide us with in order to offer these services is not used to fulfill a contractual or binding agreement with us.
- A failure to provide accurate and relevant data will mean that you are unable to benefit from some or all of the services.
Who else might your information be shared with
- We use third party user tracking services on our forms (Google Analytics), but when you visit our website, your IP address is anonymised before transmission to this service. This means we do not provide them with any personal data which can be attributed to a natural person.
- We don't in any circumstances transmit any personal data outside of the European Economic Area. Our data centres are in the European Union and we specify EEA for cloud services (Amazon Web Services).
Sharing your information within our company
- We share the information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can provide our products and services to you.
- We may share the information that you provide to us with other companies and other websites that we operate.
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your data with selected third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Internet hosting providers to host the website, related infrastructure, services and applications
- Contact management systems to send emails, instant messages, social media messages and SMS messages
There are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
- Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings
- Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public
- Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved
How we secure your data
- All the data you send to us is encrypted during transmission using modern, industry standard techniques such as HTTPS.
- All personal data transmitted to or from third parties is encrypted during transmission as per the data you send to us.
- Data is stored on servers in a data centre to which access is restricted and audited. Remote access to that data is restricted to our website services, back office administration systems and authorised personnel responsible for the maintenance and administration of those servers.
- We may use two factor or multi-factor authentication to help confirm your identity and prevent unauthorised access to your data.
How we store and process your data
- We process your data where necessary for our legitimate interests as further outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- The information will be stored and may be used as part of a Motor Credit Check or other finance enquiry/application should your purchase proceed through the same retailer. This is to avoid you entering the same data all over again, but note that if more information is needed you will be advised separately.
- In the event we identify a problem with our service, or you highlight a problem to us, your data may be reviewed and/or processed in order to help diagnose and/or resolve the identified problem.
- Your data may be used in aggregate/statistically for the purposes of tracking the take up of and improvement of our products.
- We do not send any marketing information to you, nor sell any part of your data to third parties.
How long we keep your data for - as processor
- We store your data for as long as the Data Controller instructs us to, unless we are provided with an earlier request to delete your data.
What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
- You have the right to be informed
- We have a legal obligation to provide you with concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible information about your personal information and our use of it. We have written this policy to do just that, but if you have any questions or require more specific information, you can get in touch using our website.
- You have the right to access your personal data
- You have the right to ask us to confirm whether or not we hold any of your personal information. If we do, you have the right to have a copy of your information and to be informed of the following:
- Why we have been using your information
- What categories of information we were using
- Who we have shared the information with
- How long we envisage holding your information
- In order to maintain the security of your information, we will have to verify your identity before we provide you with a copy of the information we hold.
- The first copy of your information that you request from us will be provided free of charge, if you require further copies we may charge an administrative fee to cover our costs.
- You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- Where you have requested a copy of the information we hold about you, you may notice that there are inaccuracies in the records, or that certain parts are incomplete. If this is the case you can contact us so that we can correct our records.
- You have the right to be forgotten
- There may be times where it is no longer necessary for us to hold personal information about you. This could be if:
- The information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for
- You withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
- You object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
- We have used your information unlawfully
- We are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information
- In those situations you have the right to have your personal data deleted. If you believe one of these situations applies to you, please get in touch using our website.
- You have the right to have a copy of your data transferred to you or a third party in a compatible format
- Also known as data portability, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data for your own purposes. This right allows you to move, copy or transfer your personal data more easily from one IT system to another, in a safe and secure way.
- If you would like us to transfer a copy of your data to you or another organisation in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, please contact us. There is no charge for you exercising this right.
- You have the right to object to us using your information for our own legitimate interests
- Sometimes, we use your personal information to achieve goals that will help us as well as you. This includes:
- When we tell you about products or services that are similar to ones that you have already bought
- When we use you information to help us make our business better
- When we contact you to interact, communicate or let you know about changes we are making
- We aim to always ensure that your rights and information are properly protected. If you believe that the way we are using your data is not justified due to its impact on you or your rights, you have the right to object. Unless we have a compelling reason to continue, we must stop using your personal data for these purposes.
- In order to exercise your right to object to our use of your data for the purposes above, please contact us.
- You have the right to restrict how we use your personal data
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data in any way other than simply keeping a copy of it. This right is available where:
- You have informed us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, and we have not yet been able to verify this
- You have objected to us using your information for our own legitimate interests and we are in the process of considering your objection
- We have used your information in an unlawful way, but you do not want us to delete your data
- We no longer need to use the information, but you need it for a legal claim
- If you believe any of these situations apply, please contact us.